Thrivent Financial Investor Services Incorporated (TFISI) and Thrivent Distributors LLC (TDL) value your business and are committed to safeguarding the information you provide to us online. The TDL site (www.ThriventFunds.com) provides information on Thrivent Mutual Funds and markets the funds. The TFISI site (customer.ThriventFunds.com) provides online account access for direct-at-the-fund shareholders of Thrivent Mutual Funds. Please review this policy to help you better understand our views and practices regarding privacy on our website.
What information do we gather on our website?
TFISI and TDL will never ask you to provide or confirm your personal information through an email unless you have requested such an email or transaction from us. Never respond to an email which asks for personal or account information. Your email address is collected as part of the account creation process. Your email is used by TFISI only for communication with you regarding your account, or to send you information about other services offered by Thrivent Financial affiliates.
For added security, to register for access to customer.ThriventFunds.com, you will need to provide your name, address, date of birth, gender, phone number, email address and social security number. This information is used to identify you as a unique, authorized user. In some sections of our website(s) (e.g., information request forms, financial questionnaires and order forms), we may gather additional information you may supply including personal financial information, telephone number, and other personal information in order to fulfill your request.
The TDL site may gather information that you voluntarily provide such as your email address and your name.
What other information do we capture?
TFISI and TDL’s web servers store your IP address when you visit our site(s). TFISI and TDL capture information directly with our own servers and we also use third party vendors to capture information. We collect information about the pages visited within our website(s) and how those pages are used. We also capture browser type, version, and screen resolution. This information will assist us in providing a more user-friendly site and to aid in problem resolution if you experience technical difficulties while visiting our site. When you visit our website(s) we collect data about your activities. This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, your location information associated with your IP address or other anonymized data provided by third parties.
TFISI retains detailed records of all of your transactions, regardless of whether these transactions are initiated online, by phone, fax, mail, or as the result of a scheduled transaction. These records are kept for regulatory and business reasons and are not shared with unaffiliated organizations unless those organizations are performing a necessary service on behalf of TFISI.
How can you update the personal information you provide online?
You can change the information you provided at registration, including your current email address, through your online personal profile. To update your profile:
- Log in to www.ThriventFunds.com. Next, click on “My Profile” in the main navigation, under "My Portfolio." Your email address, phone number and address will be displayed. To update any of the information, click on the “Update” link to the right of your information.
- Alternatively, you may update your personal information via our call center at 800-847-4836. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Central Time, Monday – Friday.
How do we protect your personal information?
We have strict standards of security to safeguard your data. We have physical, technical and administrative safeguards in place to protect your data. The safeguards we use to protect your data are reviewed often. We improve the process as needed.
Only authorized employees and representatives may access and use data about you. All are trained to safeguard your data. Those who use your data must follow established standards, procedures and laws. Also, TFISI and TDL use appropriate security safeguards and technology when sending or requesting personal information via the Internet.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To fulfill a customer request and gather TFISI account information
- To fulfill requests for additional information
- If you attempt to access the Advisor sections of the TDL website site, we will use the information you provide to determine your eligibility to view the Advisor sections of the website
- To help ensure a safer online environment for our site visitors
- For site visitor analysis and statistical research
- To increase visitor satisfaction in their online experience
- To inform customer service professionals about account access and service requests to provide you with better customer service
- To provide you with information about products you have purchased and features available on our website
- To provide you with information about products and services available through Thrivent
- We use Personally Identifiable Information to analyze our customer’s behavior and to optimize our marketing efforts
- We share your personally identifiable information and other information that we have collected about you with third party agencies that anonymize your information before any use. Your anonymized information is used to advertise Thrivent Mutual Funds to you and to people who may be interested in Thrivent Mutual Funds because of similarities they have to you.
- To help resolve disputes
- To identify gaps and improve content on the website
- To customize the website to visitor needs
- To better support the technologies that visitors use to access the website
- To report website and digital marketing performance to internal audiences
How do you opt out of data sharing and email marketing?
To opt out of data sharing and email marketing, call us toll-free at 800-847-4836. We are available to answer calls between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Central Time, Monday – Friday.
Alternatively you may write to us via US Mail:
4321 N. Ballard Rd
Appleton, WI 54919-0001
If you have an email address on file, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging that changes were made online.
You may select one or more of the following options:
1. Tell us not to share data about you within our family of companies. However, we may still share transactional and experiential data including the existence of your products, services or benefits; and data about you as needed by our fraternal operations.
2. Direct us not to share data about you with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We do not share or exchange information gathered on this site with outside organizations that are not performing services for us or on our behalf.
3. Request we remove your name from some or all of our internal marketing lists. You should know that our regular service mailings may still contain marketing materials. If you have opted in to receive electronic service notifications and/or confirmations, you will continue to receive such emails.
4. In all states except California, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Mexico and Vermont, tell us not to share data about you with nonprofit Christian organizations. In California, Minnesota, North Dakota, New Mexico and Vermont, we do not share data about you with nonprofit Christian organizations.
Also, if you choose to opt in to receive email messages from TFISI and TDL about updates to our website or products and other marketing information, and you wish to no longer receive these updates, you can unsubscribe from those messages by following the unsubscribe directions in the emails themselves. Note that choosing to receive or subsequently opt out of these specific emails does not change any other preferences previously provided to other Thrivent entities regarding the receipt of email marketing. In other words, voluntarily opting in to specific email messages requires you to opt-out of those email messages via their unsubscribe link if you no longer wish to receive them.
Transmission of Data to Other Countries - Your personal information is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States.
Do you reside in the EU? - If you reside, permanently or temporarily, in the European Union, we may provide you with additional options concerning your information.
- Changes to your Personal Information - We rely upon you to update and correct your personal information. If you identify an error in your information you can make a request that we modify it by contacting us using the information in the “Questions and comments” section below.
- Access to your Personal Information - If required by law we will grant reasonable access to Personal Information that we hold about you. All requests must be directed to the address included in the “Questions and comments” section below.
- Revocation of Consent or Restricting Processing - If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, or wish to restrict the ways in which we can use your information, then we may no longer be able to provide you certain services. In some cases we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent or restrict use if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if our processing is not based on your consent. If you would like to revoke your consent or restrict our use of information such a request must be directed to the address included in the “Questions and comments” section below.
- Deletion of your Information - Typically we retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required by one of Thrivent’s industry regulators. If required by law, and permitted by our regulators, we will grant a request that we delete your Personal Information. All such requests must be directed to the address included in the “Questions and comments” section below.
How do we respond to "Do Not Track" signals?
TDL and TFISI do not honor the Do Not Track signal.
Do we use cookie technology?
Cookies are messages which often include anonymous unique identifiers given to your web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message on your computer. The message is sent back to the server each time your browser requests that site.
TFISI may use a cookie to recognize your computer if you have asked us to do so while logging in. You need to type your user ID and password every time you begin a session at the TFISI website. You may also be required to answer security questions.
- Cannot be used to reveal your email address obtained from your hard drive
- Cannot read non-cookie data off your hard drive
- Are not executable programs and cannot damage your computer or files on your computer
How can you set or delete your computer's cookies?
You can set your computer's browser to opt-out of receiving and storing cookies, however, doing so may limit your access to certain sections of our site. You also can delete cookies stored on your computer's browser. The process to set or delete cookies differs by browser. See your browser's Help feature or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to set/delete your browser's cookie options.
Do we use web beacons?
Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel/page tags and clear GIFs) are used with cookies to monitor the behavior of site visitors based on IP address. TFISI uses web beacons in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes. TDL uses web beacons on its websites and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes, and for marketing purposes described in the section above.
Do we use P3P technology?
We do not use P3P technology.
Do we use encryption technology?
All content on www.ThriventFunds.com and customer.ThriventFunds.com uses the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. With TLS enabled, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to TFISI or TDL is also encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn't have the correct decryption key. This method of transferring sensitive data is the industry standard for the Internet.
For added security, close your browser completely when you finish using this site. While online, your browser is using part of your computer's memory. If your browser is left open, it may be possible for someone using your computer to go back and use this memory to access your information. Closing your browser clears this memory. You may also want to consider clearing your browser's temporary files and history.
Thrivent has taken steps to make all information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use, alteration, and/or loss. This information is kept in TFISI’s secure database. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmission is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
What is our policy for children (individuals under 16 years of age)?
Your children's safety is important to us. We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Federal Trade Commission Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). See the FTC site for additional information on COPPA. Effective 6/10/2010, registration will not be accepted if the birth date indicates the individual is under the age of 16. Additionally, no information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 16 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
What about links to other websites from our site?
Complaints - Complaints can be sent to us at the address included in the “Questions or comments?” section below. Some jurisdictions may also allow you to complain to a data protection authority as well.
Questions or comments?
4321 N. Ballard Rd.
Appleton, WI 54919